Strawberries

Spring is suddenly upon us. I ventured into my backyard yesterday and realised how much work I have to do. Composting and pruning aren't particularly fun but another early spring task that is a lot more bearable is reviving the strawberry patch. Even if a strawberry patch is populating itself with runner plants, it will need a top up every couple of years to ensure vigour. Usually I just throw in plants at random but I want to be a little more scientific this year and experiment with different breeds. I am devoting three tubs to Pajaro Strawberries. They are supposed to be a heavy cropper, favoured by commercial growers, so hopefully I will be drowning in strawberries by summer.  That is if the snails and birds don't get to them first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...