Making time to read

This may seem like a trivial solution to trivial problems but every little helps, right?  The two little problems in question are:
  1. I too often cook old reliable standards for meals (how boring!)
  2. I too often will opt for time on the interweb or in front of the television when I have a spare moment instead of relaxing with a book, which would be a far better option for my brain.  
A somewhat-solution to both these problems is a stack of books on my bedside table.  Cookbooks make excellent bedtime reading as they're something you can flick through without needing intense concentration.  And having a stack of unread novels on my bedside table is enough of a gentle reminder to encourage me to break a spine instead of logging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...