Mexico

Between Silo Park and Britomart, the whole Auckland waterfront has blossomed into a cosmopolitan hub over the last four months.  And the sheer number of people drawn to the new bars and restaurants is a good sign that they are here to stay. Last night we tried to squish into the Britomart Country Club and failed.  Defeated, we headed back to the car only to stumble across a new restaurant called Mexico.  Eleven days new to be precise, and it already has fans.  We loved the kitsch decor, it was spotlessly clean and what food we had was delicious and reasonably priced.  Soft shell tacoes are $6 each.  I had a couple of fish tacoes, which were fresh and satisfying, and shared a plate of spicy fried chicken tenders with my husband.  So very good.  I will definitely be back, though I am sorely disappointed with how expensive some of the drinks are - $18 for a watermelon margarita is outrageous.

Mexico - venue map and menu

2 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the look of the interior from that photo but you're right - 18 bucks for a cocktail is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks far cooler close up. You'll have to come to New Zealand to see it in person! I might try making watermelon cocktails myself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...