Perspex Art Block and Wall Niches

One of my home improvement objectives for the year is to tackle my hallways.  They run in a big T shape through my house and are crying out for an update.  The floors are near-perfect polished wood but the peeling 80s wallpaper (scratched to bits in corners by cats) is a real let-down.  I can't wait to peel the walls and have them replastered and painted in Quarter Spanish White, ready for art work.  I am already collecting items in preparation.

I picked up this perspex art block from the Auckland Art Gallery gift shop, while I was waiting for a friend to show up for a coffee date one lunch time.  It's the perfect size for display in one of the two wall niches in my hallway.  These niches are a very 50s design feature that I don't want to get rid of.  The artwork is a print from the art galleries collection. Grace Joel (1865 - 1924), Girl with Scarf (c1896). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...