Royal Badges

Someone recently pointed out to me that my home is very New Zealand in flavour.  My homeware and artwork are a mish mash of Maori, Pacific and English artifacts... even down to my fridge magnets.  I came across these vintage royal badges on TradeMe (NZ equivalent to eBay) and knew immediately what I wanted to do with them.  We have a store of Rare Earth magnets at home, the sort used for closures in clothing.  They're incredibly strong, and  small, so they don't draw attention away from the object that they're securing to the fridge.  The benefit of using metal badges is that the magnets automatically stick to the badge and the fridge, so no need to permanently damage the badges by using an adhesive like glue to make them stick to the magnet.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...