Breakfast at Tiffany's

Happy Belated Birthday Breakfast at Tiffany's.  I'm a week late in celebrating it's 50th anniversary, but it does deserve a mention.  It is after all the epitome of a classic - classic lines, classic casting, classic music and, oh, that little black dress.  The film is far more known for it's fashion than it's set design but there are also a few classics to note there too.  The clawfoot-bathtub-cum-couch, the zebra rug and taxidermy bulls head, iron bedstead, bakelite telephone and the dazzling 60s sights of New York, such as the interior of the New York Public Library on 5th avenue.  I love that place!

If truth be told, I far prefer Truman Capote's novella of Breakfast at Tiffany's as opposed to the film.  It's far less saccharine and more racy and compelling, and more honest about the fact that Holly Golightly is a call girl.  Then again - the book is missing one thing.  Audrey.
Set Designers - Ray Moyer, Sam Corner.



2 comments:

  1. I much prefer the book! It is amazing. I love the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too. I could just imagine her in Africa and South America.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...