Framing Art

At the end of last year I attended an art school graduate show.  The artist of a piece that I had been advidly admiring happened to be there and I got her details and later bought the piece, titled Babel.  The grab shots below really don't do the work justice.  There is so much detail, and the colours are amazing. 
A couple of galleries/art institutions had recommended Homestead Picture Framers in Henderson, and I'm glad that I took the recommendation.  Fantastic customer service, loads of experience and great recommendations on framing options - they matched the border to the exact shade of off white of the work itself.  They also gave good instructions on how to hang the picture so that the wall could take the weight.  I have complete confidence that this isn't going to go crash bang in the middle of the night.  We chose a shady spot in our hallway for it, and splurged on conservation glass so that it (hopefully) won't fade. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...