Hummus is one of those recipes that there are no precise quantities for. Adjust the amount of garlic, salt and lemon juice to suit your palette. I definitely prefer a lot of lemon - it makes a huge difference.
Broad Bean Hummus
- Put a saucepan of salted water on to boil. Add broad beans and simmer until beans are cooked. This should only take a couple of minutes.
- Remove beans from your pot and put on a large plate so that the water evaporates and the beans cool down enough to handle.
- Peel the beans (if you make a small tear the insides should just pop out) and put the inners into your blender, discarding the shells.
- To your blender add chopped up garlic, lemon juice and olive oil. Blend until smooth. You may need to add a little more olive oil as you go to loosen up the mixture.
- Put into your serving container and add more salt or lemon juice as needed. Chill for an hour or so before serving.