Hot sweet chilli sauce
- Rinse the chicken, inside and out, with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- With a pair of kitchen scissors, cut down either side of the back bone to butterfly the chicken, and spread cut side down in your roasting tray, which you have first lightly drizzled with sesame or peanut oil.
- Grate all the rind of the lime over the top of the chicken. Cut the lime in half and place cut side down underneath the chicken.
- Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the chicken and season generously with black pepper.
- Pour sweet chilli sauce over the chicken.
- Roughly chop coriander and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake until cooked. The chilli will blacken and caramelise. Rest for 5 minutes before cutting to serve.